Monday, September 13, 2010

Thoughts from my commute

I started reading James this morning.  I just reread it in a different version because what I thought it was saying, I guess it isn't.  Not sure.  But while I was driving to work this morning, I thought, if I think that I am unworthy to receive God's blessings, am I actually throwing in his face the sacrifices he did for me?  I mean, he obviously thought I was worth it.  So, if I walk around all of the time saying how I am not worth his time and blessings, am I rebelling in some way?

Am I supposed to remember his sacrifice and then realize my righteousness through that? 

1 comment:

  1. as a parent i want my children to receive everything i have to give them. it grieves me when they don't.

    for too long i didn't believe myself worthy of anything at all. i worked to earn God's worthiness. but we are worthy simply because we are his. he has adopted us, called us his very own, he delights in us, wants us, loves us with an immeasurable love...

    may we live as his children who KNOW this.

    ReplyDelete