Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Did you know?

September 12th is National Encouragement Day.  I just find that to be fantastic.  I think we often overlook how important it is to encourage others.  And, it doesn't have to be a huge thing.  A smile, a hug, a sentence written on a card and dropped in the mail (my personal favorite), or even a comment on someone's Facebook wall.  That little bit of encouragement means so much to someone who is having a bad day, hurting or just feeling overlooked. 

I am absolutely not a star at this.  I often intend to do it and then it just slips my mind later.  But, I resolve today to be better at it.  I want to lift others up!  I want them to know they are important.  I will first start at home - but watch out world, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment